Polling places are open 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. on November 8, 2022. Voters must vote in the polling place to which they are assigned. To find your polling place, use the Precinct Finder.
Voter Registration Deadline
The voter registration and party affiliation change deadline for the 2022 General Election is October 11, 2022.
What's races will be on the General Election Ballot?
- United States Senator (1)
- Representative in Congress (District 3)
- Florida Governor
- Florida Attorney General
- Florida Chief Financial Officer
- Florida Commissioner of Agriculture and Consumer Services
- Florida State Senate (District 9)
- Florida State Representative (Districts 21 and 22)
- Justice of the Supreme Court
- District Court of Appeal (District 1)
- Eighth Judicial Circuit Court Judge Group 12
- Alachua County Commission (Districts 1, 2, and 4)
- Alachua Soil and Water Conservation District: Groups 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5
- City of Gainesville Mayor (At-Large)
- City of Gainesville City Commission District 2
- City of Gainesville City Commission District 3
- City of High Springs City Commission Seat 3
- Constitutional Amendment - Limitations on Assessment of Real Property Used for Residential Purposes
"Proposing an amendment to the State Constitution, effective January 1, 2023, to authorize the Legislature, by general law, to prohibit the consideration of any change or improvement made to real property used for residential purposes to improve the property's resistance to flood damage in determining the assessed value of such property for ad valorem taxation purposes"
- Constitutional Amendment - Abolishing the Constitution Revision Commission
"Proposing an amendment to the State Constitution to abolish the Constitution Revision Commission, which meets at 20-year intervals and is scheduled to next convene in 2037, as a method of submitting proposed amendments or revisions to the State Constitution to electors of the state for approval. This amendment does not affect the ability to revise or amend the State Constitution through citizen initiative, constitutional convention, the Taxation and Budget Reform Commission, or legislative joint resolution"
- Constitutional Amendment - Additional Homestead Property Tax Exemption for Specific Critical Public Service Workforce
- "Proposing an amendment to the State Constitution to authorize the Legislature, by general law, to grant an additional homestead tax exemption for nonschool levies of up to $50,000 of the assessed value of homestead property owned by classroom teachers, law enforcement officers, correctional officers, firefighters, emergency medical technicians, paramedics, child welfare services professionals, active duty members of the United States Armed Forces, and Florida National Guard members. This amendment shall take effect January 1, 2023"
- Alachua County Referendum - Alachua County Commission Single Member Districts
"Shall the five members of the Board of County Commissioners of Alachua County, Florida, be elected to office from single member districts by electors residing in each of those districts only?"
- County Ballot Initiative Wild Spaces Public Places, Road Repair, Fire Stations and Affordable Housing One Percent Sales Tax
- "Shall Alachua County: Acquire and improve lands for conservation, wildlife habitat, water quality, and recreation; operate and maintain parks and recreation facilities; repair roads and improve road safety; construct and renovate fire stations and other public facilities; acquire lands for affordable housing; fund economic development projects pursuant to Florida Statute 212.055(2)(d)(3); provide citizen oversight and independent audit; by levying a one percent sales surtax for ten years starting January 1, 2023?"
(For voters residing in the City of Gainesville only)
- City of Gainesville Charter Amendment Filling Vacancy in Office by Calling a Special Election
- "In order to reliably meet the requirements of federal and state election laws and regulations and the demands of election equipment and resources, shall the City Charter be amended to provide that a vacancy in a City Commission office be filled by special election to be called within 60 days and held soon after, rather than the current requirement that a special election be held within 60 days, as proposed by Ordinance No. 210851?'
Visit the Vote-by-Mail page for more information.
To request a vote-by-mail (formerly "absentee") ballot:
- Call our office at 352-374-5252
- Go to this link
To track your ballot:
Early Voting Dates: October 24 - November 5, from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. each day. On November 6, Early Voting will be available at the Supervisor of Elections Office only from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Early Voting Locations:
- Supervisor of Elections Office: 515 N. Main Street, Gainesville, FL 32601
- Millhopper Branch Library: 3145 NW 43rd St, Gainesville, FL 32606
- Tower Road Branch Library: 3020 SW 75th St, Gainesville, FL 32608
- Orange Heights Baptist Church:16700 FL-26, Hawthorne, FL 32640
- Legacy Park Multipurpose Center: 15400 Peggy Rd, Alachua, FL 32615
- J. Wayne Reitz Union: 655 Reitz Union Drive, UF Campus, Gainesville, FL 32611
- Alachua County Agriculture and Equestrian Center: 23100 W Newberry Rd, Newberry, FL 32669
Voting at your polling place on Election Day is easy. Remember to bring picture and signature identification. For more information on the types of identification accepted at the polls, please click here. You can find which precinct you are assigned to vote at by looking at your Voter Information Card. Remember to check our website prior to an election in the event there are changes to a polling place location. Visit the Precinct Voting page for more information.
Sample ballots can be found by clicking here.
The Canvassing Board schedule can be found by clicking here.
A list of candidate forums for this election can be found by clicking here.
Election Preparation Report
The 2022 General Election Preparation Report can be found by clicking here.
Agenda del Comité de Escrutinio del Condado de Alachua Para las Elecciones Generales del 8 de Noviembre de 2022 de la Ciudad de Gainesville Y la Ciudad de High Springs:
Candidate qualifying information can be found by clicking here.
For submitted financial reports, click here.